His current state is Maine, Anon! *ducks rotten tomatoes* Oh, you mean his mental state? I think it’s pretty good, all things considered— I believe Rumple thinks his murder of Zelena has avenged his son’s death, and that should go some ways towards helping him get over the trauma of the past year. (He’s a big believer in the healing power of VENGEANCE.) Plus, he’s on his honeymoon with Belle, and that’s not a pleasant distraction I don’t know WHAT is.
You can trust me— I watched an episode of ‘House’ once
Now, I see some people being very sympathetic to Rumple whacking Zelena and pulling the whole ‘fake dagger’ malarkey on Belle because Rumple’s been through a lot this past year (lost his son, went a bit mad, was imprisoned in a cage and mind-controlled— you know, the usual OUAT treatment) and also is probably suffering from anxiety and PTSD. And maybe they’re right! At the very least, Rumple’s incredibly stressed.
Cause of stress: THESE PLOTLINES
If we’re being realistic, Rumple should probably check himself into the Wendy Darling Clinic for Mistreated Fairy-tale Characters instead of making life-long promises to Belle.
Our cages … I mean, our rooms are very reasonable
Really, EVERYONE in OUAT should at least be going to Archie for some serious therapy.
- Henry should be literally afraid of his own shadow after Neverland
- Cinderella should be terrified of having sex after spending 28 years being pregnant
- Regina needs therapy to deal with her mother’s … everything
- Charming seems to be awful keen to sacrifice his life
- Belle should have serious issues with being locked up
- Rumple was stressed having two minds in his head … but isn’t that what happened to EVERYONE after the curse broke?
BUT— and it’s a big but, and I cannot lie— I think the Zelena/Dagger situation was cold-blooded, pre-meditated murder and can’t be solely explained by Rumple’s mental issues.